-= RockWire Forum =-
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio

3 posters

Go down

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio Empty R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio

Post  Mimi Tue May 18, 2010 8:28 am

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio Dio1

Με μια λιτή ανακοίνωση στο blabbermouth, η γυναίκα του Ronnie James Dio, Wendy, ανακοίνωσε πως τις πρώτες πρωινές ώρες της Κυριακής, ο μεγάλος κοντός των Rainbow, Black Sabbath και Dio, άφησε για πάντα αυτό τον κόσμο.

«Ξέρουμε πως μας αγαπάτε και σας ευχαριστούμε για την αγάπη και την στήριξή σας όλο αυτό τον καιρό. Η μουσική του Ronnie θα ζει για πάντα. Παρακαλώ να σεβαστείτε την λύπη μας αυτές τις δύσκολες ώρες».

O γνωστός τραγουδιστής τον τελευταίο καιρό πάλευε με τον καρκίνο και όπως δήλωνε και ο ίδιος «οι χημειοθεραπείες τον είχαν κουράσει πολύ». Γι’ αυτό το λόγο και ακύρωσε πολλές από τις φετινές του εμφανίσεις με τους Heaven And Hell.

On November 25, 2009, Wendy announced that Dio was diagnosed with stomach cancer:

"Ronnie has been diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. We are starting treatment immediately at the Mayo Clinic. After he kills this dragon, Ronnie will be back on stage, where he belongs, doing what he loves best, performing for his fans. Long live rock and roll, long live Ronnie James Dio. Thanks to all the friends and fans from all over the world that have sent well wishes. This has really helped to keep his spirit up."

On March 14, 2010, Wendy posted an online update on his condition:

"It has been Ronnie's 7th chemo, another cat scan and another endoscopy, and the results are good – the main tumour has shrunk considerably, and our visits to Houston (cancer clinic in Texas) are now every three weeks instead of every two weeks."

On May 4, 2010, Heaven and Hell announced they were cancelling all summer dates as a result of Dio's ill health.

Dio died at 7:45 am (CDT) on May 16, 2010, according to official sources.

Wendy said on Dio's official site:

"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever."

Mimi
Mimi
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio Empty Re: R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio

Post  charmanos Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 am

Στεναχωρήθηκα πολύ όταν το έμαθα. Πραγματικά ο τύπος θα μείνει αθάνατος!!
charmanos
charmanos

Back to top Go down

Post  Iordanis Tue May 25, 2010 2:40 am

aksexostos tha minei... we <3 dio 4 ever
Iordanis
Iordanis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content